Online Registration for Library Cards
This Online Registration Policy establishes eligibility requirements and guidelines for receiving a virtual borrower's card number from the McKinley Memorial Library. This virtual card number will allow the public to have full access to the resources available through our website, including e-Media.
1. Registration for virtual card numbers will be protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) which is the "standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers." For more information on SSL go to https://www.ssl.com/
2. A McKinley Memorial Library virtual card number is free to any Ohio resident.
3. Non-Ohio residents must apply for a card in person at the McKinley Memorial Library. There is an annual fee of $10 for out-of-state borrowers who are not employed or attending school in Ohio. Out-of-state applicants must present a pay stub or proof of school enrollment in order to register for a free card. Additional cards for immediate family members residing at the same address may be acquired at no charge.
4. Adults and Juveniles may apply for a McKinley Memorial Library virtual card number.
5. Online registrations will automatically be emailed to the Circulation Supervisor at the McKinley Memorial Library. Once received, the registrations will be checked for accuracy and duplicate registration. If the applicant already has a card in the CLEVNET system, the patron will be contacted as it is strongly recommended that each individual hold a card from only one library in the consortium. It is the patron's right to choose which library this will be.
6. For borrowing privileges on physical materials, the patron must come to the McKinley Memorial Library and present an acceptable form of identification to the Circulation Clerk. This includes a valid photo ID (driver's license or state ID) and/or a current bill addressed to the applicant. Adult patrons must also sign the registration form that is kept on file in the library. The borrower's card may then be presented to the patron.
7. For those under 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign the registration form and may also sign permission statements to allow the minor to use the Internet in the Library and/or to borrow video games.